View Reviews of books by Syd Moore
Countdown with ...
Interviewed 24 August 2019
Ten words to sum up your working life to date ...
Varied, exciting, surprising, worrying, blood, sweat and tears. And laughs.
Nine things you can see from where you're sitting ...
1. Lots and lots of overgrown ivy
2. My new hammock in its frame
3. Two Victorian chimneys
4. Next door’s cat, Delilah, playing with a heart-shaped leaf
5. One plastic skull on a pile of Strange Tombs
6. The underbellies of dove-grey clouds
7. A glass of chilled pinot
8. 35 World War II Dakota planes commemorating the D-Day landings
9. One concerned seagull
Eight minutes to prepare a meal. What's it going to be ?
Seven people you'd like to go for a drink with ...
Daphne du Maurier
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Six things you can't live without ...
The British Library
Five favourite words ...
L’onion, pareidolia, chipati, glamour, mystery
Four places you'd run away to ...
The wind shelter opposite the Halfway House in Thorpe Bay, Southend
The island of Formentera
Three books you've bought recently ...
Someone You Know by Olivia Isaac-Henry
Breakers by Doug Johnstone
The Closer I Get by Paul Burston
Two things that make you rant ...
Essex Girl jokes
One thing you'd tell your teenage self ...
‘Don’t panic. Everything will be all right’.