View Reviews of books by Matt Hilton
Countdown with ...
Interviewed 13 February 2016
Ten words to sum up your working life to date ...
Dishwasher, grounds man, tree feller, security guard, detective, policeman, author.
Nine things you can see from where you're sitting ...
I’m sitting in my living room at home in north Cumbria, but am fortunate (if I stretch my neck) to be able to see:
1. Skiddaw Pike in the Lake District
2. Criffel Pike in Dumfries and Galloway
3. A terraced front lawn
4. Fruit and fir trees
6. My dogs, Spooky – a white German shepherd/Samoyed that looks like a dire wolf – and Akisha, a hairy Akita Inu who’s as soft-natured as a teddy bear and looks like one.
7. A huge mug of coffee
8. An unused Vype electronic cigarette
9. A framed cover of my first published book.
Eight minutes to prepare a meal. What's it going to be ?
Soft-boiled eggs and soldiers … Need about four minutes cooling time before consuming the hot eggs.
Seven people you'd like to go for a drink with ...
I don’t drink alcohol very often, but I’d make the exception if I were in a bunch consisting of Robert E Howard, Bruce Lee, Bob Hope, Laurel and Hardy, Conan the Cimmerian, Albert Einstein and Musashi Miyamoto (Miyamoto Musashi).
Six things you can't live without ...
1. My wife Denise
4. My computer
5. My family
6. More books
Five favourite words ...
3. Mass spectrometer gas chromatograph (I know it consists of four words, but when you say it fast it all blends into one)
Four places you'd run away to ...
1. A log cabin in Scotland
2. A log cabin in Canada
3. A log cabin in the Rockies
4. A log cabin in my garden
Three books you've bought recently ...
1. Black Ops by Stephen Leather
2. Born in A Burial Gown by Mike Craven
3. Snatched From Home by Graham Smith
Two things that make you rant ...
1. Other drivers
2. The fact I only get to rant about two things!
One thing you'd tell your teenage self ...
Stop pussyfooting around and go for it.